- Boots or shoes with a clearly defined heel and long pants must be worn while in the arena.
- A saddle or a speed saddle must be used while in the arena.
- Alcoholic beverages usage and or consumption must be in accordance with the rules and regulations of the area grounds, local, state & federal government.
- Use of any illegal substance of any kind is strictly prohibited by riders on the grounds. One warning will be given; any repeat offense will result in automatic dismissal of the rider and/or guests). No points will be given to the rider for that day.
- The use of profanity or abusive language by any contestant will result in disqualification from that event and could result in disqualification from the entire gymkhana.
- It is the responsibility of the rider to understand the pattern of each event ridden.
- There will be no running of a horse outside the arena, with the exception of inside the warm up arena and then only for the purpose of warming up the horse (no racing or reckless running).
- There will be no running into the arena. This is for the safety of all riders and animals.
- There will be no refunds after entries are paid.
- If a timer failure occurs, the rider has the option of up to two re-rides. If the second re-ride is taken, it voids the first re-ride and the rider must take the time given during the second re-ride.
- Once a rider breaks a timer, the pattern is considered a no time. The rider may correct their horse to finish the pattern, but may not run it again after the timer is broken.
- If a rider falls off their horse it is considered a no time and they must vacate the arena.
- No cameras, especially flash photography, are permitted inside the arena while a horse is present, unless it is an approved photographer.
*List of approved photograpers:
- Charmayne Rahorn Photography
- Keith Kuttler Photos
- Handlers must wait at the entry gate as soon as the rider begins to run.
- Any act of discourtesy or disobedience toward any arena Official, in and out of the arena, will result in disqualification for the duration of the show.
- Any discrepancies in times or patterns must be brought to the attention of the arena judges immediately, prior to the next rider entering the arena.
- After crossing the timer, a rider has a maximum of two minutes to complete the pattern and exit the arena.
- The rider may ride more than one horse in the same division, but points will only count for one of the horses. Selection of the "point" must be decided at the time of entry.
- The age of the rider as of September 1 of the first half of the season will determine the age group the rider will be placed in for that year.
- The contestant or the contestant's legal guardian must sign all entries and release forms before entering the arena.
- A five-second penalty will be taken for each prop that is knocked down in all events except the flag race. Props knocked down in the flag race will result in a no time.
- Line Judges will be used for any event requiring small barrels. A CVSC official will appoint the line judges. The line judge(s) decision is considered final.
- Riders are allowed 1 minute to get into the arena once they're called to run, otherwise they will be rolled to the end. If they are called and waited on again they will be scratched from that event.
- You only get 1 minute in the arena per time only and you must make sure to give those tickets to the gate person before you go into the arena to run so they know how long you have.
✨ In an effort to speed up the show, we will be pushing for pre-entries:
- You MUST BE ENTERED AND PAID BY 4:45pm OR YOU ARE SUBJECT TO A $10 LATE ENTRY FEE
- This includes making sure you have signed and HANDED IN your entry form if you paid with Venmo/Zelle
❗️If you entered and paid but can’t make it you will be fully REFUNDED your entry, but please try to give notice if you will not be there.
- If you are SHARING A HORSE please include that in your pre-entry comment
- We will still be starting entries at 8:30am on DAY shows to give you ample time to get entered and ready for time onlys if you are participating in them!
✨ For all future shows we will have wings set up so please be ready in the wings when your drag is called in order to keep everyone rolling through!
- We will also be having barrels lined up at the CENTER of the barrel, so if you are a barrel setter, please place it back accordingly.
- PER HORSESHOE PARK: ONLY BOARD MEMBERS BRINGING SHOW MATERIALS MAY BE PARKED BY THE ANNOUNCER STAND
‼️ ALL RIDERS **including lead line** MUST be holding a set of reins on their horse. If the rider is being PHYSICALLY ASSISTED during their run, the leader MUST BE HOLDING A LEAD ROPE and may NOT be holding onto the contestants reins.
✨ We will also be STRONGLY suggesting that all lead line riders have properly fitted stirrups in the arena to avoid injury.
- Remember for all lead line riders, the ONE leader must cross the timer side-by-side the horse, not in front because the timer won’t trip properly.